- Open Start menu and click on Search.
- Type cmd then hit enter.
- Type ipconfig then hit enterr. Take note of the IP address (IPv4) then save it for later.
- Type systempropertiesremote.exe then hit enter.
- Select Allow Remote Connection to this Computer.
- Check Allow only Computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication.
- Click OK.
That’s it, you can now login to this computer via remote desktop clients using the IP address and user credentials that you set.
NOTE: Windows 7/8 comes with Remote Desktop Clients, you can search them in your Start Menu by typing Remote Desktop Connection or mstsc.