- Mac OSX Sierra Version 10.12 (atleast for this tutorial)
- Evernote Standalone application (version 6.9.2 atleast for this tutorial)
- Stickies, default application for OSX
- Icon, if you wish to change how it looks
- Right click the note that you wish to have a shortcut.
- Press and hold Alt/Option button, then click Copy Classic Note Link
- Open Stickies Application and Paste the link (Ctrl-V).
- Drag the note link to your Desktop.
- [OPTIONAL] Change the look of your icon (check this post).
You can now open a specific note even without opening the Evernote App.
Credits to https://magpiemarketing.org/2015/11/30/evernote-checklist-1-getting-started/ for the evernote icon.